Uses of Coconut Oil: Tropical Traditions GiveawayBy Darren McDuffie
For those of you who’ve been following my blog for any length of time you know my affinity for coconut oil. I use it on just about everything from cooking to baking to moisturizing my skin. It’s one of the most versatile oils out there and it’s also healthy for you. In case you don’t know why coconut oil is healthy for you take a look at an old post called Cuckoo for Coconut Oil.
Today, I wanted to discuss some uses of coconut oil you may not know about and then give you a chance to sign up for my Tropical Traditions Giveaway. I won’t bore you anymore let’s get right down to some not so well know uses of coconut oil:
- Lubricant – For those of you wanting a paraben-free personal lubricant, coconut oil is it but it isn’t compatible with latex condoms.
- Nose Bleed – Nose bleeds can occur in people who are sensitive to extremes in hot or cold weather. The nasal passages can become dry and the result is a nosebleed. This can be prevented by lightly coating the nostrils with coconut oil thus preventing the condition.
- Stress Reduction – Just a little dab of coconut oil rubbed into the head in a circular motion can reduce stress. Everyone could use that!
- Cellulite – Rubbing a little CoCo oil in topically has the ability to fade cellulite.
- Toothpaste – Yup… mix a little baking soda with it and brush away!
- Deodorant – It can be used alone or mixed with other natural products to provide protection from unwanted body odor
- Eye Cream – Just place the oil under the eye to reduce bags, wrinkles, and the occasional puffiness.
- Chapstick – Are your lips dry? Put some coconut oil on them and they become moist so they remain smoochable.
- Preshave and Aftershave – coconut oil prepares your body or face for shaving and also protects the same areas after shaving. How cool is that?
- Massage Oil – After a strenuous workout, grab your significant other and tell them to rub you down in what else…coconut oil
- Make up Remover – Put some c. oil on a cotton swab and it takes makeup right off.
- Food Cravings – Yes, when taken it can help reduce food cravings.
- Blood Sugar – It helps stabilize blood sugar levels…good news for those with diabetes
- Skin Conditions – Coconut oil can provide relief for skin conditions like Eczema and Psoriasis .
- Alzheimer’s – Ketones in coconut oil help brain functioning in those suffering from Alzheimer’s
- Adrenal Fatigue – Coconut Oil can help alleviate some of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
- Herpes – Coconut oil is antimicrobial and can assist in aiding those suffering from the herpes virus
- Digestion – The fats in coconut oil aid in the absorption of nutrients into the body.
Coconut Oil is versatile isn’t it? Now for the fun part! In order to win the Tropical Traditions Giveaway. you’ll need to do a few things.
Follow the rafflecopter widget located below this post to add your entries to win. In addition to the entries in the rafflecopter you’ll also need to “like” the watchyourtrainer fanpage my clicking like on the fan widget located on the right hand side of the blog.
Tropical Traditions is America?s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?
Darren McDuffie is a fitness trainer and real food activist. In 2005, he lost his mother to breast cancer and although tragic it was a blessing in disguise. Through this tragedy, he used his inside information as a former pharmaceutical representative to expose the deceit of Big Food and Big Pharma.
Big Food & Big Pharma Exposed!
Enter your email for instant access to Between Two Thieves